LifeSavers Ministries Weekly Ministry Focus
Volume 1, Number 31 August 7, 2000
Mother of pregnant girl says "God led me to your website"
No abortions were committed last Monday
in Bakersfield, but the unknown abortionist (who
drives a white Toyota Camry) committed abortions
on Tuesday. Reportedly, abortionist Kenneth
Wright will no longer be coming to Bakersfield
unless an adequate number of abortions have been
scheduled. Here are a few selected reports from
last week's ministry activities:
- "Justine" was searching the internet for a
pregnancy help center, and found the LifeHouse.
She sent a message, requesting help for her 16-
year-old daughter who is pregnant. The
Palmquists received the message while they were
in St. Louis, so Tim corresponded with Justine by
e-mail, inviting Justine to take her daughter to
the LifeHouse, and suggesting that Terri could
also talk to her by phone. Justine replied by
sending her phone number, and Terri called her
from the hotel on Tuesday night. Justine said
the family is able to handle her daughter's
physical needs, but it seemed that they just
needed some emotional support. They attend a
large local Foursquare church, and Justine's
daughter re-dedicated her life to the Lord last
week. She had been living away from home for
three months. Justine wrote, "I know God led me
to your website. There have been too many
prayers that have gone up for Him not to do
something." Justine said that her daughter will
not abort the baby.
- "Mona," 26, came to abortion chamber on Monday,
and a sidewalk counselor encouraged her to go to
the LifeHouse. At the LifeHouse, she had a
pregnancy test, and the results were positive.
Mona told Beth that several years ago, she had
gone to Los Angeles for an abortion, but once she
was on the table, she changed her mind. Mona
smiled when she found out she was pregnant. Beth
encouraged her to continue to seek the Lord for
her family, and gave her a baby gift and
information on fetal development, along with
- "Holly," 21, came to the abortion chamber on
Monday with a friend, but they noticed the sign
at the LifeHouse, and decided to come across the
street instead. She is married, and has a one-
year old baby. Her test results were negative,
so Beth shared the gospel and God's plan for
fertility and Natural Family Planning. Beth also
gave them New Testaments and various other
- "Kellie" called the LifeHouse on Monday, and told Beth that she was scheduled for an abortion the following day. She asked Beth for information on adoption, and Beth provided several referrals. She has had two abortions, and was surprised when Beth told her that an 8 week old preborn baby can feel pain.
- "Ofilia," 27, came to the LifeHouse with her fiance for a pregnancy test. The results were negative, so Beth told them about God's gift of sexuality and stressed that "pro-choice" is a lie. She encouraged them to go God's way for their lives, and to save themselves as a wedding gift.
- "Susan," 22, came to the LifeHouse on Tuesday for a pregnancy test. She is married, and gave birth to a baby a few months ago. She told Beth that she had no religious background, so Beth shared the gospel of Jesus Christ with her, along with Natural Family Planning concepts. Beth said that she seemed receptive. As she left, Beth gave her a New Testament.
- "Luci," 18, came to the LifeHouse on Tuesday for a pregnancy test. She told Amber that she is "born again," but is not attending church right now. She wanted to be pregnant, but her test results were negative. Amber used this opportunity to encourage her to wait until marriage, and gave her abstinence literature.
- "Melicia," 20, was brought to the LifeHouse by a friend for a pregnancy test. Melicia speaks only Spanish, so it was very difficult for Amber to communicate with her. Amber showed Melicia the "Harder Truth" video, but she had no reaction. Melicia's test was negative, but if it had been positive, she said she would have aborted the baby.
Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted. Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. For if anyone thinks himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceives himeself. But let each one examine his own work, and then he will have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another. For each one shall bear his own load.
Let him who is taught the word share in all good things with him who teaches.
Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life. And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith.
- Ask God to search your heart and to purge any bad intentions or sin in your life, so that you can be more effective today in seeking to restore the Christians you will encounter today who are stuck in a sinful lifestyle.
- Pray that God will draw "Justine" and her daughter (see report above) closer to each other and closer to Him during this pregnancy.
- Ask God to convict the new abortionist of his sin, and pray that God will lead him to repentance.
This week's schedule
[If you are unable to be physically involved in
this ministry, please use this schedule to help
you pray for those who are on the front lines.]
Monday, August 7 Tuesday, August 8
Colleen 8 - 12 Lewis 7:30 - 9:30
Beth 9 - 5 Carlotta? 7:30 - 9:30
Irene 10 - 2 Amber 8:30 - 11:30
Mercedes? 10 - 2 Beth 9 - 5
Mary Ann? 11 - 3 Albert&Ione 10 - 12
Debbie 11 - 5 Fr. James 10 - 12
StJoseph's 1:30 - 2 Irene 10 - 2
Terri 10:30 - 5
Mercedes? 10 - 2
Mary Ann? 11 - 3
Debbie 11 - 5
Next week's schedule
Monday, August 14 Tuesday, August 15
Colleen 8 - 11 Lewis 7:30 - 9:30
Irene 10 - 2 Vince 7 - 9
Mercedes? 10 - 2 Albert&Ione 10 - 12
Terri 10:30 - 5 Fr. James 10 - 12
Debbie 1 - 5 Irene 10 - 2
StJoseph's 1:30 - 5 Mercedes? 10 - 2
Mary Ann? 11 - 3
Help needed 8 - 10 Help needed 9 - 10
The LifeSavers Ministries Weekly Ministry Focus
is published every Monday by Tim and Terri
Palmquist, PMB 1911-166, Tehachapi, CA 93581
expenses of this publication are paid for by the
Palmquists; no funds from LifeSavers Ministries
are used in any way to publish or distribute the
Weekly Ministry Focus. Issues are available
without charge at the LifeHouse on Mondays and
Tuesdays. To subscribe to the Weekly Ministry
Focus by mail, we request a suggested donation of
$30 per year to cover postage and handling. To
subscribe by e-mail, just send a message with the
subject "Subscribe" to
"LifeSavers@glorifyJesus.com" (we request a
suggested donation of $10 per year). All
donations are optional.
LifeSavers Ministries - P.O. Box 40972 - Bakersfield, CA 93384
The LifeHouse - 2428 H Street - Bakersfield, CA 93301
For more information, call 661/323-BABY (661/323-2229).